i think i’m going to start doing a periodic list of good links to read that i don’t have a ton of commentary on, but that i think are worth your time. here we go…
- 5 ways powerful people trick you into hating protesters – maybe this is common sense to many of us who are involved in protest movements, but i love the way these issues are articulated here.
- looking at appalachia anew – i definitely agree with the writer that it’s still socially acceptable to mock and shame people who live in appalachia or other rural areas. i think it’s time to examine why that is; these photos definitely help me consider my own prejudices against people from there.
- rachel dolezal’s resignation letter (facebook) – so she focused on the issues she worked on with the NAACP. that’s good. but i think she needs to address the lie she’s been living. i look forward to hearing what she says about this.
- videos of rachel dolezal as reported on the root – wow. she really needs to say something about posing as an african-american person. these videos are kind of… stomach-turning in a way. it’s as if she really believes it or is really trying to convince both her interviewer and herself.
- and… in the dictionary, next to nerve, there’s a photo of rachel. she sued howard while a student for discriminating against her as a white woman.
- the sun didn’t explode today! – need i say more?